Every year in Illinois, Wisconsin, and Washington, travelers are injured and killed in truck accidents. According to the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration, over 152,000 truck accidents occurred in 2015, injuring over 116,00 people. Many of those victims were left to suffer serious consequences—painful physical injuries, emotional trauma, and financial stress. But truck accident victims don’t have to bear that burden by themselves. They have rights that can be protected. The law allows accident victims to seek justice and compensation by pursuing a legal claim against those responsible.
In the states of Illinois, Wisconsin, and Washington, our experienced truck accident lawyers at Shannon Law Group, P.C., represent those who have been hurt—ensuring that their medical needs are taken care of and that they can move forward toward secure future. Attorneys Joe Shannon and Pat Cummings are available from the moment the accident occurs until the final verdict is read, taking care of all the technical details of your case so you and your family can concentrate on what matters. If you or someone you love has suffered injuries in a truck accident, call our Chicagoland office today at (312) 578-9501 or take a moment to fill out our online contact form. You’ll receive a prompt response from a member of our experienced legal team who can answer your questions.
Types of Truck Accident Cases Our Experienced Injury Firm Handles
Truck drivers travel long hours with heavy cargo. Both the drivers themselves and their vehicles deal with many continued stresses along the roadway. When a trucker or trucking company cannot handle the rigors of the road, or they simply ignore their responsibility to the safety of others, they can be held responsible. Our truck accident attorneys have helped many accident victims just like you obtain the justice and compensation they deserved in cases involving…
- Fatigued drivers.
- Impaired drivers.
- Mechanical defects.
- No zone/blind spots.
- Improper hiring of drivers.
- Improper training of drivers.
- Improperly loaded cargo.
Truck Accidents Pose More Serious Dangers Than Other Types of Road Crashes
Accident victims can face many serious difficulties after a truck accident, and the legal cases can quickly become complex. These cases can be different from other types of vehicle crashes because:
- Large vehicles are capable of much more severe damage. Typically, commercial trucks are much larger and heavier than the other vehicles on the road, and the path of destruction carved by a large truck can be significant. Some car safety features cannot protect occupants or absorb the impact of such a large vehicle, exposing those who share the road to serious dangers.
- More serious injuries are sustained by smaller vehicle occupants. Research tells us that it is most often the occupants of the smaller vehicle who are injured and killed in these crashes. After a serious injury, victims often face long and painful recoveries. They can be forced to miss a good deal of work or be unable to work again. Additionally, the physical and emotional pain that can accompany these injuries may require rigorous and ongoing medical treatment. The stakes in these cases are high for victims and their families.
- Professional drivers are involved. Those behind the wheel of a commercial truck are professional drivers. They are one part of a larger system, which can include the trucking company, insurance company, and logistics company. These groups want to protect their bottom line at all costs. Often, this also means that these cases can become very technical, involved with federal regulations, insurance guidelines, mechanical systems, and more.
To learn more, download a free copy of our book, Transportation Law Rights & Injuries: Charting Your Legal Course of Action.
Types of Compensation Available to Truck Accident Victims
After a truck accident, victims can face many challenges. Compensation is available to victims to cover a variety of needs related to the accident. These can include:
- Medical bills
- Lost wages
- Future medical bills
- Future lost wages
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of your normal life
- Other losses
How Our Experienced Truck Accident Lawyers Can Help
If you or someone you love has suffered injuries in a truck accident, the stakes are high. Your health and financial future can be on the line, and your family needs representation that has the knowledge and tenacity to get the job done. At Shannon Law Group, P.C., we pride ourselves on our relentless pursuit of justice and compensation for our clients. Our commitment is shown in our results, including the highest recorded truck accident verdict handed down in Will County.
While other lawyers may take the easy way out and accept a settlement right away, our legal team understands what needs to be done and will fight to get you the results you deserve. When you retain the services of an attorney, you expect that they will offer you the knowledge and experience for the best possible outcome, and we take that responsibility seriously. Joe Shannon and Pat Cummings can help ease the burden on your family after a truck accident. Our team will work tenaciously on your behalf so you can use your energy to get well and rebuild your life.
Call our office today at (312) 578-9501 or take a moment to fill our online contact form to learn more about your rights and schedule a free, no-obligation consultation.