Every year in Illinois, travelers are injured and killed in truck accidents, especially on highways near Chicago. In 2015 alone, over 1,000 Illinois truck accidents occurred, injuring over 2,300 people. Many of these victims were left to suffer serious consequences—painful injuries, emotional trauma, and financial stress. But victims of truck accidents don’t have to bear that burden by themselves. They have rights that can be protected. Illinois law allows accident victims to seek justice and compensation by pursuing a legal claim against those responsible.
The experienced truck accident lawyers at Shannon Law Group, PC represent those who have been hurt by the negligence of others. Attorneys Joe Shannon, Pat Cummings, and Jon Svitak are available from the moment your accident occurs until the final verdict is read, taking care of all the technical details of your case so you and your family can concentrate on what matters most.We also ensure that our clients' medical needs are met, so they can move forward toward a secure future.
If you or someone you love has suffered injuries from a truck accident, call our Chicago area office today at (312) 578-9501. You can also take a moment to fill out our online contact form. You’ll receive a prompt response from one of our experienced team members who can answer your questions.
Our Personal Injury Lawyers Handle All Types of Truck Accident Cases
Our truck accident lawyers have helped many accident victims just like you obtain the justice and compensation they deserved in cases involving the following factors:
- Fatigued drivers
- Impaired drivers
- Distracted drivers
- Mechanical defects
- No zone/blind spots
- Improper hiring of drivers
- Improper training of drivers
- Improperly loaded cargo
Truck Accidents Pose More Serious Dangers
Accident victims can face many serious difficulties after a truck crash, and the legal cases can quickly become complex. Truck accident cases are different from other types of vehicle crashes because:
- Large vehicles can cause more damage to passenger vehicles. Typically, commercial trucks are much larger and heavier than the other vehicles on the road, and the path of destruction carved by a large truck can be significant. Some car safety features cannot protect occupants or absorb the impact of such a large vehicle, exposing those who share the road to serious dangers.
- Occupants in passenger vehicles sustain more serious injuries compared to truck drivers. On average, research tells us that occupants of smaller vehicles are injured and killed more often in large truck crashes. After serious injuries from these crashes, victims often face long and painful recoveries. They can be forced to miss a good deal of work or be unable to work again. Additionally, the physical and emotional pain that can accompany these injuries may require rigorous and ongoing medical treatment. Thus, the stakes in these cases are high for victims and their families.
- Professional drivers are involved. Commercial trucks, such as semi-truck trailers, are operated by professional drivers. They are one part of a larger system, which can include trucking, insurance, and logistics companies. As a whole, these companies want to protect their bottom line at all costs. Often, this means that truck accident cases can become very technical with many components, like federal regulations, insurance guidelines, mechanical systems, and more.
To learn more, download a free copy of our book, Transportation Law Rights & Injuries: Charting Your Legal Course of Action.
Types of Compensation Available to Truck Accident Victims
After a truck accident, victims can face many challenges. Compensation is available for victims to cover several needs related to the accident. These include:
- Medical bills
- Lost wages
- Future medical bills
- Future lost wages
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of your normal life
- Other losses
Our Experienced Truck Accident Lawyers Will Fight for You
If you or someone you love has suffered injuries in a truck accident, the stakes are high. Your health and financial future can be on the line, so your family will need attorneys who possess the knowledge and tenacity to get the job done.
At Shannon Law Group, PC we pride ourselves on our relentless pursuit of justice and compensation for our clients. Our commitment is demonstrated in our results, which includes the highest recorded truck accident verdict handed down in Will County.
While other lawyers may take the easy way out and accept a settlement right away, our attorneys will fight to get you the results you deserve. When you retain the services of an attorney, you expect that they will offer knowledge and experience for the best possible outcome, and we take that responsibility seriously. Joe Shannon, Pat Cummings, and Jon Svitak can help ease the burden on your family after a truck accident. Our team will work tenaciously on your behalf, so you can use your energy to get well and rebuild your life.
Call our office today at (312) 578-9501 to schedule a free consultation. You can also take a moment to fill our online contact form, and one of our team members will be in touch with you soon.