Personal Injury Attorney - Patrick Cummings
Patrick Cummings is a Chicago attorney who represents individuals who have been harmed by the negligence or recklessness of others. Pat focuses his practice on helping people who have suffered significant and life-altering injuries – often in truck or motor vehicle crashes.
In addition, Pat also represents individuals who have not been treated fairly by their own insurance company (bad faith insurance), and people who have been wrongfully or unlawfully fired by their employers (whistleblower and retaliatory discharge).
For his entire legal career, Pat has represented people that have been harmed by others; often this involves taking on large corporations and insurance companies. While defense firms and insurance companies may view litigation as simply a cost of doing business, Patrick understands that each case in our office matters tremendously to each client.
Most of the time, Pat is representing individuals in a time of crisis in their life who have no experience with the civil justice system. At Shannon Law Group, we relish the opportunity to work with these great clients, shoulder the burden of dealing with courts and insurance companies, and obtain positive results for our clients.
Patrick has handled dozens of cases from initial intake through final resolution of the case. He has taken hundreds of depositions, settled countless cases and tried several cases to jury verdict. In his first solo jury trial, Patrick secured a jury verdict for his client that was over ten times the insurance company’s final offer to the client.
Patrick resides in Chicago with his wife, Caitlin, where they are parishioners at St. Alphonsus in Lakeview. When he’s not in the office, you may find Pat woodworking, playing a round of golf or supporting his Marquette Golden Eagles basketball team.
- Northern Illinois University College of Law, Juris Doctor, Magna Cum Laude
- Marquette University, Bachelor of Science in Business
- State Bar of Illinois, 2014
- State Bar of Wisconsin, 2015
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois, 2015
- U.S. Court of Federal Claims, 2017
- American Association of Justice
- Trucking Litigation Group — Member
- Illinois Trial Lawyer’s Association
- “Critical Documents in Every Trucking Case and Where to Find Them”. Trial Journal, Illinois Trial Lawyers Association, Volume 21, Number 2, Summer 2019.