Jonathan Svitak is a Chicago attorney who represents individuals that have been injured by the negligence or carelessness of others. Jon centers his practice on helping people who have been seriously injured in motor vehicle crashes, as well as individuals who have suffered vaccine injuries.
For the first three years of his legal career, Jon worked in a litigation practice. Jon understands how insurance companies think and can anticipate how your case will proceed through litigation. As a new attorney at Shannon Law Group, P.C., Jon relishes the opportunity to zealously represent our clients.
Since 2014, Jon has tried several cases before the Illinois Workers’ Compensation Commission, taken numerous depositions, and argued a case before the Illinois Appellate Court. Although originally from Lisle and a graduate of Benet Academy, Jon currently resides in Chicago with his wife, Samantha Donne, a fellow attorney he met while in law school. In his spare time, Jon enjoys watching the Chicago Bulls and practicing his Spanish, including volunteering at the Erie Neighborhood House in Chicago.
- The John Marshall Law School, Juris Doctor, 2014
- Marquette University, Bachelor of Art in History and Spanish, 2011
- State Bar of Illinois, 2014
- U.S. Court of Federal Claims, 2018
- American Association of Justice
- Illinois Trial Lawyer’s Association
- Chicago Bar Association
- The Usual Suspects: Judicial Review of State Laws that Target Undocumented Aliens. The John Marshall Law Review (Summer 2014).